On Tuesday 14th September 2021 Landward Research received confirmation from the Disability Confident Team at the Department for Work and Pensions that we are registered as a Disability Confident Employer.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we want to play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better.
To become a Disability Confident Employer, we completed a Disability Confident self-assessment, which helped us to focus on the actions we are already taking to get the right people for our business and to retain and develop our people.
Actions we are taking include:
- A commitment to operate fair and inclusive recruitment and employment practices to achieve our operational needs, including use of the 2 Tick scheme for disabled applicants
- Ensuring that our recruitment process is fully inclusive, accessible, and includes flexibility so all job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job (including those with disabilities)
- Building a culture where our employees feel safe to disclose any disability or long-term health condition, feeling confident they’ll be supported as necessary. Formalised through our policies and procedures, including our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy, our Code of Conduct, and our Employee Wellbeing Policy
- Supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions and ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff
- Producing, implementing and communicating an Employee Wellbeing Policy, with a particular focus on mental health at work
- Providing appropriate training to staff, managers and HR on disability awareness
- Identifying and sharing good practice.
50% of Landward Research’s workforce has a disclosed disability, and taking part in the scheme will help us to continue to recruit and retain great people.